|My top 10 summer lipsticks|
I've just realized that I don't have a single post on lipstick or any lip products really. So, I want to change that today. I've chosen top 10 lip colors that I think make a great lip collection for the summer.
Considering the fact that in fall/winter we tend to wear more opaque, richer and deeper colors, and in the summer go for lighter and brighter ones, I decided to group them into 3 main categories.
There are girls who just can't live without their nudes regardless of the season, so here are my top picks for summer nudes. I believe that nudes can transform from season to season as well, and in the summer I personally tend to reach for more transparent, fresh and pinker nudes. Within each category I tried to choose different formulas and finishes from really sheer to full-on BOOM-type colors.
|Summer nudes (#1-3)|
1. M.A.G lipgloss in 202. M.A.G. is a Ukrainian makeup company and this lipgloss/liquid lipstick is dirty cheap (~$2.13), so I guess this could be relevant only for Ukraine, since I doubt that you'd be able to find it anywhere internationally, but you can get an idea about the color. It's a perfect pinky nude that looks great on its own or over any lipstick. Looks very beautiful on the lips.
2. Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in 132, Sweet Pink - peachy-pink nude with great shiny finish. Great basic neutral nude. Feels great on the lips.
3. Clarins Rouge Eclat in 01, Nude Rose - this is my personal favorite. For all of you mauve lovers out there, this color is to die for! It's a bit deeper and more on the pink-mauve side, is extremely comfortable on the lips, wears nicely, the color actually stays on for quite a while. It also smells and even tastes (not that you have to eat your lipstick :), but...) divine. Clarins lip products are one of the most comfortable on the lips. For me this is one of those MLBB (my-lips-but-better) colors that I can just put on without thinking.
What can be better than a coral lipstick for the summer? Exactly! Nothing! It is one of those colors that looks great on everybody regardless of skin tone. It instantly brightens the complexion making it look ... um ... happy (that is just the best word that comes to my mind when I think of describing this color). It makes you smile :).
|Summer Corals (#4-7)|
4. Maybelline Color Sensational Whisper lipstick in 130, Pink Possibilities - this one is a bit hard to call a coral, it is actually a pink with a hint of coral. Great for someone intimidated by corals but wanting to try to incorporate it in their makeup life in a gentle way. It is simply a no-mistake color. Sheer and fresh coraly pink.
5. Color Me Lady Marmelade lipstick in 111 - beautiful coral color. These lipsticks are kind of gel-like type formula that give out crazy amount of shine on the lips. They also have a very nice sweet fruity scent.
6. M.A.G lipgloss in 204 - this is the most orange of all corals in this category, but since it is liquid and not extremely opaque + has a beautiful pink shimmer, it'll look great on everybody (even on super-cool and fair skin tone like mine, I checked that ;) ), unless you have some kind of extreme pigmentation or redness or something of that sort. It is such a fun color. Definitely my pick in this category.
7. Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in 910, Shocking Coral - ok, guys, the name speaks for itself here, it is shockingly coral and bright, not for the faint-of-heart, but for those of you, who really want to make a real statement. It's a BOOM type color and stays on for quite long staining your lips.
Pinks + Ultimate Red
Pinks! Summer without pink is not even a summer! So, here are my picks for cool-toned pinks and your classic ultimate red (who can live without red in any season anyway).
|Pinks and Red (#8-10)|
8. M.A.G lipgloss in 203 - G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. sheer cool pink! Period. Just get it if you can.
9. Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in 902, Fuchsia Flash - another BOOM! color. Fantastic bright fuchsia pink for the bold girls.
10. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipstick in 02, Velvet - if you want a bright matte super long-wearing cool-toned red that is comfortable on the lips and NOT DRYING at all, this is it. The formula is out of this world smooth, silky and comfortable! And this baby isn't going anywhere until you remove it with a waterproof makeup remover or oil, because it'll stain your lips for a looooooooong time. I wouldn't be able to pick one color in this category, love them all.
If you don't have these same particular colors, I hope this post at least gave you an idea of what shades might be missing from your summer lip collection or what you would like to try. Please, share your thoughts on this in the comments and thank you for reading.
Disclaimer: all these products were purchased by me and I wasn't paid for a review.