|Chanel Ombres Matelassées De Chanel Eye-shadow Palette in Charming|
...I have a feeling that this posts will be not so much about this palette but more about my crazy husband :)...
Anyhow, Chanel Ombres Matelassées De Chanel Eye-shadow Palette in Charming is a LE palette from Christmas collection 2013. It was initially featured in one of my previous post here. I'm not sure if this palette is still available in stores. It was sold out almost instantly when I first saw it. However, I think it is still being sold on eBay.
Let's talk about the packaging. It is simply GORGEOUS and chic. It's Chanel, doh... So, you get the luxury element to full extent with this palette. It is just perfection.
The palette itself contains 5 neutral eye-shadows and 2 applicators, one of which is actually quite handy with a small angled brush that can be used either for lining, or smudging, or for filling in your eye-brows.
Below are the swatches of the eye-shadows without any primer underneath.
|Chanel Ombres Matelassées De Chanel Eye-shadow Palette in Charming: Swatches|
At first glance the colors in this palette don't seem that unique, but once you start using them you understand what makes this palette so awesome:
- the lightest color on the left is a light champagne color with soft satin sheen, it is so-so-so good as a highlighter and all over the lid. It may not look like anything special but if you put it all over the lid, it just makes your eyes look sooooo beautiful, this shade just somehow makes the eyes brighter and shinier and just really beautiful.
- the second neutral light-brown shade is a matte finish color that is perfect for the crease for soft definition or all over the lid
- the middle shade is a golden-bronze shade with a metallic finish, which is great as an accent color or an all over the lid one
- the second from the right shade is a neutral dark-brown with a semi-matte finish, that can be used both for an added definition in any look, or for a smokey eye, or even as a brow color
- and finally the last color is very unique - it's a matte dark-grey with a hint of purple-plumy undertone and is great as a liner and the darkest color for a smokey eye
I feel like these colors are so nicely balanced and so well thought out including the finishes, which will look great on everybody and on any occasion, that anybody would be happy to have this palette. It's eternal classics. I am in love with it. It is one of the most precious pieces in my makeup collection.
As to the quality, I have no bad things to say about it. The shadows are very pigmented, smooth, blendable, have no fallout, great staying power and almost no creasing (just a tiny bit, which is easily fixed by a primer). Really nice eye-shadows.
Here is the look I created using this palette. Now, the fun part - check out the sneaky face on the side. Yep, this is my crazy husband...
|A look using Chanel Ombres Matelassées De Chanel Eye-shadow Palette in Charming... and my crazy husband making fun of the whole serious process :)|
Oh, just look at this face! He ruined the whole chic atmosphere of this Chanel post :)
Rating by category (out of 10, 10 being the highest score):
- versatility - 10
- product quality - 10
- packaging - 10
- travel-friendliness - 10
Hope this review was helpful. What do you think about this palette? Share in the comments.
Disclaimer: this product was a gift from my mother to me; and I wasn't paid for a review.