|5 Products to create a full makeup|
Today's post is inspired by the selection of products from my latest purchases, which can create a full makeup without the help of any additional items. You'll only need 5 products for it.
There's one note I want to make though. There are a number of videos and posts about how to create a look using just 3 products (usually a concealer or foundation, some color that you can use on the lips, cheeks and lids and mascara), but I'll be honest with you: I think that those looks are suitable for people with really good near to perfect skin and quite prominent, beautiful, naturally defined features. If you're like me and you don't have perfect skin (sigh) and have slightly smaller and not so bright features that just require a bit more help and definition, than those 3-product solutions don't really look like any good makeup, but more like a pathetic attempt to make yourself recognizable. At least, so it looks on me :). However, I can totally see that it works wonders for some people (unfortunately, I'm not one of them though).
So, I thought about how I could make my look as minimalistic as possible in terms of the number of products I'm using, and yet still have it look like a complete, nice and effectively put together makeup. For me 3 products don't work well, but 5 products can work miracles and create a pretty look, where I don't feel like I've sacrificed the quality of the end result simply for the sake of using less products.
So, that being said, for this look you will need just 5 products:
- Skin base product (it has to be some kind of product that will give you the desired coverage, it can be just a cream concealer in areas where you need, or only foundation if you have really good skin, or something handy like I've used, where you actually have both products in one)
- Lip and cheek color (it can be a lip and cheek cream, stain or cream blush, or just a lipstick alone that you will also use as a blush)
- Setting powder (translucent or tinted for added coverage)
- Eye lid color (powder or cream eye-shadow, eye-shadow stick or just an eye-liner)
The exact product types may slightly vary, but I'm sure you get the gist: whatever you want to use for those purposes will give you the same result. By the way, you don't even need brushes for this look, unless you want to, so it's perfect for on the go or when travelling, or on vacation, since it'll save you not just the number of products and tools used, but also time and effort.
So here's the look I came up with.
|Makeup Using Only 5 Products|
|Makeup Using Only 5 Products|
Actual products used for this look:
1. Pixi Illuminating Tint & Conceal in No.1 Light Glow
2. Pixi Flawless Finishing Powder in No.0 Translucent
3. Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in 35 On and On Bronze
4. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Lips and cheeks:
5. The coral lipstick (don't know the shade but it's from Bourjois) from my DYI lipstick palette
I'm pretty happy with the look. I actually think it looks quite cool. I bet nobody would look at you and say, "Oh, I bet she used only 5 products for this makeup". It looks complete and even quite bright. You could definitely go for more muted colors, but I just wanted to show how effective and bright it can look even with 5 products.
Hope you liked the look. Thank you for reading. Please, let me know in the comments what kind of products you would use. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Meanwhile, have a lovely day.