Hi guys! I thought today I'd share my kind of default makeup look and do a short review of my go-to small eyeshadow palette. It's the Wet-n-Wild eyeshadow trio in 335, Silent Treatment and it's from drugstore. Yay! for reviews of affordable products!
To be honest, I rarely wear the same makeup twice. I usually use different products and do something different every day both for the eyes and lips. However, there are times when I just
- don't feel like thinking too much, or looking for some particular product, or
- I'm in a hurry and just want to do a quick and easy nice neutral but flattering all-occasions look that I can easily update during the day if I want to, or
- I need to go to work, job interview, some important formal or semi-formal meeting, or meeting my boyfriend's parents (hypothetically speaking, because I'm already happily married), or anywhere, where I'm not really sure how to look and it is best to stick to a natural daytime look
Whatever the reason might be for such a look I think it is a wise thing for everyone to have one of such saving default go-to looks that they feel comfortable wearing and don't get tired of in their makeup wardrobe.
So, here's what I usually wear in such cases:
1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 Light vanilla
2. Too Faced Absolutely Flawless Flexible Coverage Concealer in Vanilla
3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
4. theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer
Eyes and Brows:
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pencil in medium brown
2. Wet-n-Wild eyeshadow trio in 335 Silent Treatment
3. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
1. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in 54 Boy
As you can see, it's just a few products and a very simple look. For the eyes I just use a taupe color all over my lid and blend out in the crease, also I put it on the bottom lash line. Then I use the darkest brown and tightline my upper lashline with it and put just a tiny bit of it on the outer 2/3 of my lower lashline and smudge it. Then I use the highlighter shade to highlight my inner corners and a tiny bit under my brow-bone.
For the face, I put foundation on, then concealer, then powder lightly all over the face to set the makeup, and then use the same ambient powder as a bronzer around the perimeter of my face and a bit as a blush. At the end I put a highlighter on tops of my cheekbones.
Lips don't need any explanation. Just slap a neutral easy-to-wear color that you love on 'em. By the way, you can always change it up for a bright or dark one for the evening (that's an easy change in this look if you have a bright lipstick with you in your makeup bag).
And here's the finished look.
And here's the finished look.
|My default makeup look|
Now on to the short review of the Wet-n-Wild eyeshadow palette.
Here are the eyeshadows in the pan and swatches.
|Wet-n-Wild eyeshadow trio in 335 Silent Treatment|
|Wet-n-Wild eyeshadow trio in 335 Silent Treatment: swatches|
As you can see from the pictures this palette is well loved and has been used a lot. I've had it for more than a year now. I think that the colors in this trio are gorgeous. I'm speaking to you, all you taupe lovers out there! It is a perfect neutral but not boring trio with a nicely balanced from light to dark color combo that can take you from day to night easily. You can make a very simple daytime look or a very smokey one as well. The taupe shade in there is my favorite one for a one eyeshadow look. The pigmentation of these shadows is great and they blend like a dream, they have very smooth silky texture and beautiful shimmery finish that is not too much or obnoxious, and they wear nicely. I also haven't noticed any major fallout (if at all) with them (but I always tap of the excess product from my brush). By the way, the swatches were made with no primer as usual. Overall, there isn't a single bad thing I can say about those shadows and for the price of just a few bucks (!), they are a gem. I'm officially obsessed with them.
So, that's it. That's my short review and my default look. I hope it was helpful to some of you, maybe it gave you some ideas. Let me know if you have your default look? What is it? And what is your favorite small eye-shadow palette? I'd love to know that.
Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you are having a great day. At least, I wish you have a great one :).